Friday, September 7, 2012

I laugh everyday! EVERY DAY!! Each day that God allows me another chance to prove to HIM that I am redeemable (and believe me, I try) I laugh!!

I laugh everyday! EVERY DAY!!

Everyday I find something to laugh about. I have an entertaining family who make me laugh, two of my best friends, intentionally and unintentionally, keep me in stitches. If a day goes by and I haven't at least chuckled, one of two things have happened (1) I slept the day away or (2) I no longer live in New York. Strangers are the best form of entertainment. For example, the guy on the bus with the wooden beaded bracelets and necklaces (plural people, plural) who thought he was so smooth that he could have his pick of all of the ladies... well, I hate to break your heart but,  he head nodded at me... Oh joy of joys...yup, I laugh everyday.

This post is dedicated to LAUGHTER, the best medicine, unless you're um sick. In that case you should probably go to the doctor & get examined and maybe take some medicine as prescribed by a licensed physician.

I am here to share with you seven (7) consecutive days of things, events, people, & comments to which my first reaction was "Oh, snap. That was funny," or my reaction was just a burst of laughter. Want to know why I'm sharing this at this moment? Sure, sure, it's because I care but more than that it's because my page title says "and sometimes, I laugh." And I do and I don't know if I have displayed that enough in this blog. Therefore I will do my best at proving that by listing at least one thing that made me bust a gut over the last 7days. Ha, ok, seriously, I don't usually bust a gut. My people aren't comedians but, hey, what they lack in humor they make up for with smarts & good looks.

Ok, here we go, Sunshine's laugh aloud list begins now:
Haaahh?!

DAY ONE: Saturday, September 1, 2012
My son woke up in a bad mood. So every smart alec thing he did I laughed at. But, what was really funny (to me) was that I kept saying "nope, that doesn't count" I meant for this post but, since he had no idea what I was referring to, every time I laughed at him and said "nope that doesn't count," he looked so perplexed. The look was priceless.

Later in the day I was driving my mom to the Indian restaurant to get her fix of curried & spicy dishes. She actually was cutting on me because I am going on a cruise. My son said "Grams, you jelly (jealous)?" She said, "No... Yes."

The funny part was not her eventual honesty, but the fact that she was cracking jokes. I mean, sure, you had to be there but, generally, my mom is pretty corny and her jokes are super lame. I was impressed that in that moment, I felt dissed... jaw dropping "oh, snap" dissed... by my mom!

DAY TWO: Sunday, September 2, 2012
New show on Fox "Ben & Kate." Most of my favorite shows are on FOX so, it didn't surprise me that this entertained me.

DAY THREE: Monday, September 3, 2012
My Ace & I were having a serious dialogue via text because it was of immediate importance and e-mail or carrier pigeon just wouldn't do. The topic was "The Ridiculousness That is the Emoticons on the iPhone." See below and know this, it STILL cracks me up!!! She's so real & she's mine people. Go get your own BFF!!



No, I never sent her such a text as the one she proposed but, I could and that is what makes us the...

hot ice-cream LOL




DAY FOUR: Tuesday, September 4, 2012
WS is back!!! WS was on vacation... and we are always laughing, well, when we aren't working of course.

and umm WS is not a man and well, neither of us are white but you get the idea.
DAY FIVE: Wednesday, September 5, 2012
Today I sent a text out to two of my friends. It was a determined message about my future boyfriend. I said that he is going to give me massages everyday. My always supportive girlfriend said, "Awesome lol, Yes he will." But, my smart-ass guy friend (I guess it's not fair to call him a smart-ass when they both are, right?? Anyway) he said "Huh? He better know how to fight!" 

And because Wednesday was a good day for laughing aloud, here is another. I ran into Patricia. Sure we work in the same building and you  would think that we would see each other all the time but, we are busy New Yorkers. When I saw her I literally jumped up and down. Patricia said, "I thought you  were crazy." And in NY it is plausible for her to have thought that. We hugged and she wouldn't let me go, and as we laughed and hugged I said, "now we both look crazy." She said, "I don't care, I'm not letting you go."

DAY SIX: September 6, 2012
Chatting with MA at work. Yes. That is it! She's pretty funny. Actually, most of those Uptown girls are. To be clear they are not girls, they are ladies AND they work on the east side of our Midtown NY office, that side with the CEO, not really Uptown.

And, I figured out what "big wigs" meant!!! Well, I think I did... Hmmm, lemme google it. First, what I presumed, and that's that it came from the 18th Century when men wore white wigs... you know the time I'm speaking about. Well, my theory is that the wealthiest & most influential men had bigger wigs... Get it? BIG WIGS!!!

Google searching says... it says that... eh, it says I was close... kind of... oh shut up! 

DAY SEVEN: September 7, 2012
My sister and I play Draw Something and I was taking a mental health moment at work and decided to check to see if one of my two drawing friends sent me a pic to guess. Well, before I could even get to see what was sent I witnessed my sister guessing my picture. Man, my stomach hurt from holding in the laughter. I called her to laugh with her and my brother-in-law (best brother-in-law EVER) picked up the phone. I was trying to tell him what happened but was still laughing. I am sure he was on the verge of calling the paramedics thinking I was having some kind of attack.


Yeah, sis next time the arrow to the word means that is the answer but, not to worry because next time I am going to do what my Ace does. I'm going to write "the answer is Turbo."

That is my week people. I am pretty uncomplicated, at least I think so. I have integrity, if I give you my word, only God will keep me from keeping it. I am compassionate, as much as I fight the description, I am pretty nice & selfless. Sarcastic? Oh yeah. And I guess my sarcasm takes some getting use to. But outside of that I am both proud and humble, I will ask for help but, if I don't need it I'll tell you. If I know it... I'll tell you, and if you want, I share what I know. I have a big heart & I'm pretty selfish when it comes to sharing my love. So there are times when I seem reserved, I'm not really. I'm just feeling you out to see if you are someone worthy of me sharing all this goodness, that is Sunshine, with.

That girl who was laughing aloud on the train at a book she was reading... probably me. That chick who laughed aloud at that lame joke in the movie theater... that was definitely me.

I hurt, I love, I cry but even as I go through my tough times... I laugh. It's part of who I am.



 And scene! Kidding... that's totally me!!

*special thanks to Stephanie R. for helping me video my iPhone.


No comments:

Post a Comment