Thursday, November 24, 2011

For many, today means Turkey Day…

For many, today means turkey day but, not for me; for me it means Cheesecake Factory® Pumpkin Cheesecake. My son and I were going to go for a short run, feed a few people in need and then veg out on cheesecake and turkey sandwiches from the deli. If you are one of those turkey day people that I spoke of in my title you are probably horrified by how we intended to spend our day but, for us… it’s Thursday. Rather, for me it’s Thursday. For him, it’s a day off from school.

So, the place where we were to serve food cancelled today’s program and we were invited to my sister’s for dinner. Which means that we will not be enjoying turkey sandwiches; at least not today and I get to share my cheesecake with my family. Oh, and in case you were wondering, I did go for my short run (2.20 miles) and it was cold.

My brother and I will soon be taking a break from our outdoor runs until the temperature is more conducive to blood flowing through my fingers. I’m thinking that I will catch up on my Zumba and Wii Boxing. I’d say “I’ll keep you posted,” but, you know how my mind works. I write what’s on my mind and I cannot promise you that keeping you posted on my workout will be on my mind.

READING!! Reading is on my mind. I need to update my book’s I want to read list. How’s that for a random thought? And I am going add The Scarlet Letter & The Iliad and The Odyssey to my list; and I am going to make an effort to actually finish them. Again, I make no promises.

Enjoy your day, be it with extended family and friends over a grandiose dinner or your nuclear family over cheeseburgers. Make this and everyday a blessed one.

All my best to you & yours this holiday season.

#SunshineSuperstar

No comments:

Post a Comment